With summer right around the corner I’m looking for all things light and fresh! There’s something about the warmer weather that always has me looking for healthier meals. Maybe because swim suit weather is upon us and I never feel “beach ready.” But the real question is after you’ve had kids do you ever really feel it again?
I digress. The great thing about this recipe is it’s soooo easy and it can be adapted! Looking to eat healthier ? Ditch the tortilla and go for a low-fat or non-fat mayo or dressing. My husband and I stumbled upon this recipe 7+ years ago from @tasteofhome.
1. Mix lettuce (I used my salad chopper to chop it up), tomatoes and bacon
2. Add dressing and mix to coat
We usually eat ours like tacos or you can fold over like a burrito!
3 cups chopped romaine ( our store only had mixed – I’d use regular)
2 plum tomatoes, finely chopped
8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
1/3 cup chipotle or regular mayonnaise
4 flour tortillas (8 in.) warmed
1. In a large bowl mix lettuce (I used my salad chopper to chop it up), tomatoes and bacon
2. Add dressing; toss to coat
3. Spoon about 1 cup mixture down the center of each tortilla. Fold bottom of tortilla over filling; fold both sides to close.
4. Serve immediately